Thursday, September 3, 2009

Glass Etching- the easiest thing ever!

I have vowed to try new things this year so I decided to try glass etching. My oldest daughter had to make some stuff for school for pep pals. One day was a homemade treat or candy day so I took this glass jar that I bought at a yard sale for .50 and etched it. I used my cricut and cut what I wanted it to say out of vinyl. Then I positioned the vinyl on my jar and made sure it was nicely on there and no etching cream could accidentally get in the wrong spot. I used to the negative of what I cut out and applied the cream. Left it for 15 minutes and wiped it off! Turned out great!

Photobucket

Here is the almost finished product. I am going to buy some ribbon this weekend to wrap around it and I filled it with pepermints.

Photobucket

1 comment: